Re: reboot problem

Device Mapper does not remember the tables you have created across reboots. For persistent volume creation, I would use LVM2.

If you must use device mapper, you could create an init script that creates the devices you've mentioned and mounts "v2". Be forewarned, Linux can reorder block devices, so hard-coding block device names in your init script may result in mapping the wrong device(s). (LVM2 gets around this by writing labels to the devices, so that it can identify the proper devices and assemble them in the correct order.)

brassow