Re: Latest dm-userspace kernel code

FT> If you add a feature to notify I/O completion of user space (I
FT> think this feature is necessary for other reasons too), user-space
FT> programs can take care about this easily. I prefer the
FT> dm-userspace kernel module to just perform I/Os according to
FT> requests from user space.

I have thought about this approach before, and perhaps it makes sense,
as it will simplify the kernel module and move all of the CoW-like
behavior back out to userspace.

In order for this to perform well, we will need to use AIO, right?

I would be interested to hear feedback from others on this list about
this particular point.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center