Re: dm-devel : disks being taken over by dm-raid/dm at boot.

On 15 Sep 2006, at 17:00, dm-devel-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:41:54 -0400
From: AJ Lewis <alewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  (no subject)

Sounds like dmraid is grabbing them. I'm not sure where the configuration for
dmraid is, but that's a starting point.

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:00:06 -0400
From: Dave Wysochanski <dave.wysochanski@xxxxxxxxxx>

Surely there is some way to tell device-mapper to leave things alone?
I simply need four drives that I can use as four separate units - no
RAIDing, nothing fancy, but this it seems impossible to tell the OS
that...

Did you try blacklisting in /etc/multipath.conf?

Thanks AJ, Thanks Dave.

I don't think I'm using multipathing : have no /etc/multipath.conf at all.

I thought I'd stopped dmraid, but it was still registering the drives it seems. I simply commented the dmraid startup lines out of /etc/ rc.sysinit and everything seems to be working how I want it to now.

There must be a nicer way of telling dmraid to leave things alone, but I couldn't find one and as this is working (and I'm not expecting to have to put a RAID on this machine in the future) I'm not too worried.

Cheers,

Tim