[multipath-tools] maximum LUNs

Title: [multipath-tools] maximum LUNs

I did not see this documented anywhere, but when working with multipath-tools or device-mapper in general for that matter, what is the maximum amount of LUNs suggested and or confirmed to work with (despite the many occurences of the same WWID)?  I would assume as much as the kernel and hba can maximize up to themselves.

Regards,

Peter Koutoupis
Systems Engineer
Xyratex International, Inc.