Synchronizing writes between kernel space and user space.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the synchronization calls to be used if writes to a device are being done from both user space and kernel space. I noticed that lock_page()/unlock_page() is one set of functions that can be used. Obviously, this is too coarse grained, if buffers are smaller than the page size. The functions lock_buffer()/unlock_buffer() do not seem to do the trick.

Please help.

Thanks

Abhishek

--