[dm-devel] Re: Fibre Channel related crash

William Alberto Lovaton Tovar wrote:
> I have to say that I couldn't install Fedora Core 3 with the SAN
> partitions enabled since it will confuse the installer thinking that
> those "exported" disks were the first ones and the local disk was the
> last one.

I can't speak to all of your problems, but I can advise you on this one (as I have a similar setup). You can fix the boot loading of SCSI devices by changing the order of your aliases in /etc/modules.conf. For example, I have:

alias scsi_hostadapter0 mptbase
alias scsi_hostadapter1 mptscsih
alias scsi_hostadapter2 qla2300_conf
alias scsi_hostadapter3 qla2300
post-remove qla2300 rmmod qla2300_conf

This ordering causes my local disks to be loaded first (sda,sdb), and the FC then start at sdc.

--
Brian