Re: [dm-devel] Making failover work quickly with QLogic HBAs

On 21 Apr 2005, at 14:48, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

On 2005-04-21T14:21:25, Arthur Bergman <sky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There has been discussions that this is not supported behaviour and
could cause problems, in particular the supported configurations of big
blue for their SDD multipath product states that you shouldn't do
this...

This is about DM multipath, not about SDD multipath, so I couldn't care
less about what big blue supports there ;-)

I have heard the same from all the different vendors...

But seriously, can you point me at those discussions? Are there any real
problems caused by this beyond the depreciated sdd multipath...? It
seems to help quite a bit for me; w/o, failover times are inacceptable.

It does help for us too, however most recently i saw this discussed on the dm-devel list... Search for qlogic.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2005-February/msg00084.html

Cheers
Arthur

-----