Re: [dm-devel] dmsetup target parameters

christophe.varoqui@xxxxxxx wrote:

It seems you already got what you want : just verify you have that

/udev/$wwid node.

How are you making this node? For me the dm sysfs name is dm-* (dm does not look like it currently supports passing a uuid to alloc_dev which sets the gendisk name), so udev is making dm-*. Is multipath or libdevmapper making it or is it udev? dmsetup ls does show the wwid though.
--

:)
I got greg to add a rule in the default udev.rules :

Thanks - for writing this stuff and the answer to my question :)!

# create a symlink named after the device map name
# note devmap_name comes with extras/multipath
KERNEL="dm-[0-9]*", PROGRAM="/sbin/devmap_name %M %m", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="%c"

devmap_name is packaged with multipath-tools.