Re: [dm-devel] 2.6.4-udm1

Joe Thornber wrote:

  As a result of Jens' global unplug work we've had to revist all the
  uses of blk_run_queues(), and be specific about which queues we need
  to run.  In a lot of cases I've just knocked them out completely where
  they appear to be hangovers from 2.4 weirdness.  If you start
  getting lumpy io with multipath, snapshots or mirroring this is
  probably the reason - please yell.

Incase people do test multipath, I wanted to say I fixed - but broke in the process - multipath failover. I fixed failfast in the block layer, but that SCSI code path was also broken and the patch did not get merged yet. You need the patch here http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=107904932710899&w=2 if you are using a SCSI driver, or you will get some weird IO patterns when doing failover.

Sorry,

Mike