Re: [dm-devel] lvm not updating reported device size until fs is unmounted (linux kernel 2.6.0-test3)

Joe Thornber wrote:

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 05:20:18PM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:
Joe Thornber wrote:

Tupshin,

Thanks for finding this, at first glance it looks to me like a problem
with the block layer rather than dm.  I'll look into it today and try
and find a fix.

- Joe

Hi, Joe. Just wondering if you've had a chance to look into this at all, or if there is any additional leg-work you'd like me to do. I did find that the exact same issue affects JFS as well as XFS

y, I did have a look at it, and posted a query to lkml on how they
wanted it fixed (since it is a block layer issue, not dm).  I've not
had a reply which means I'll just have to put a dm only fix in.

- Joe

Well, it's a couple of months later, and a number of 2.6.0-test kernels later, and this is still a problem (as of test9). It would be a major shame if 2.6.0 got releaesd with this basic functionality broken. Did you ever have a chance to work on a dm specific fix?

Thanks
-Tupshin