From: Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2021 6:19 PM
To: Wei, Catherine <catherine.wei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [dm-crypt] Re: veritysetup and CentOS 8

Hi Catherine,

I do not want this to sound rude, but providing commercial

support for your company is not something we should do here.

We test compilation of upstream cryptsetup on Centos7 and 8.

All required devel packages are in associated repositories.

If your build servers cannot install required packages, that

is not an upstream package issue. The json-c is mandatory for LUKS2,

you have to provide it for building of the upstream package.

(Version 1.7.x is no longer maintained.)

For FEC - no, it is not required anywhere, I just used it

as an example that kernel can limit libcryptsetup functionality.

Milan