Re: cryptsetup 2.4.0 does not compile on musl libc anymore

Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please create an issue in upstream project
> https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/-/issues/new

Sorry, I don't have a gitlab.com account.

> The dlvsym() is crucial to the LUKS2 external token extension, so perhaps
> the only solution would be to compile without external tokens for these
> constrained libc systems.

Only dlvsym is a GNU extension, dlsym itself is mandated by POSIX.1-2008
and as such also available on musl libc. I haven't looked at the
cryptsetup implementation in detail, but maybe dlsym can be used as a
fallback if __GLIBC__ is not defined?

Compiling with --disable-external-tokens is also fine for now, the main
issue is the all-symbols-test since it is compiled unconditionally.

> And please, report this sooner - we released release-candidates
> exactly to find such problems.  But people still do the same - waiting
> for final release, then complain that something is broken. We cannot
> fix things that we do not know about.

I am sorry, I don't always have the time to test release candidates.
Also: I am not complaining just wanted to inform you about this.

Greetings,
Sören