Looking for reverse-engineering partner for DiskCryptor

Hello,

I'm trying to implement support for opening DiskCryptor partitions. DiskCryptor is licensed under GPLv3, which is incompatible with libcryptsetup's LGPL2+. I'd therefore prefer not to read DiskCryptor source code. I'm asking for someone to do this and provide some information - mostly about header encryption ATM.

I tried to reverse-engineer the format from public info:

and by trial and error, but failed.

I've tried the following (with many variations) on a FAT partition encrypted with AES:

  1. Password is encoded as an ASCII string.
  2. This ASCII string is hashed with PBKDF2 with the following parameters:
    • hash: sha512
    • salt - 64 bytes from start of the volume header,
    • output size: 64 or perhaps 192 bytes,
    • 1000 iterations.
  3. Encryption key consists of the first or perhaps last 64 bytes (512 bits) of the output of PBKDF2.
  4. Bytes 64 - 2048 of the header are encrypted with AES cipher in XTS mode:

Code could be found at https://github.com/DavidXanatos/DiskCryptor/ . Thank you in advance.

Greetings,

Mateusz Jończyk