Re: Luks, use the double force! :)

On 25 May 2021 11:44 +0000, from xxjacs@xxxxxxxxx (JAC):
> Once the option 2 password is entered, the system will decrypt
> correctly but "covertly".
> The partition will be presented containing a series of files and/or
> directories that the user has previously wanted to incorporate and
> present to whoever has tried to force him to reveal his data.
> /.../
> I suppose that I am not the first person who thinks about this
> solution, but I leave it there, in case it is possible to implement
> this second option (or password).

No, you're not the first person to think about having something like
this. In fact, it's covered in the LUKS FAQ, and has been for a while.
<https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/-/wikis/FrequentlyAskedQuestions>

See in particular questions 5.2 "Is LUKS insecure? Everybody can see I
have encrypted data!" and 5.18 "What about Plausible Deniability?".

--
Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.se • michael@xxxxxxxxxxx
 “Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”