Re: Help: problem with an encrypted USB drive

On 23/04/2021 18.35, Kasperi wrote:
Hi,

First of all, I thank you for the great tool that you provide.

Now, I encountered a problem with an 512 GB USB flash drive that I

Is this a real SSD disk, or an USB stick?

If it is a stick, what you describe would be typical of a device that has been written to more times than it supports and has switched to read-only mode, and thus there is nothing to do.

Otherwise, it could be a faked "big" usb stick. As it is in R/O mode, it is not possible to test it for actual size (it involves writing once to its full declared size, and comparing).

I know of faked usb sticks, but not faked SSD drives.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.2 x86_64 at Telcontar)