Performance of KVM & guest hosts under DM Crypt?

Does anyone have experience running KVM and two or three guests systems under dm-crypt and can comment performance? I did a search on this topic and the only thing I could find was very brief document written in 2009.

All this will run on a new and fairly powerful system, powerful for a laptop anyway. It'll have an SSD for a hard drive, 16 gig of RAM, and a bottom-of-the-line 2.6GHz i7 Intel CPU.

My main concern is with Graphics programs where I'll be using a mouse. A slow system can be annoying at times, but trying to edit a photograph in the Gimp or trying to edit a drawing in AutoCAD (running on W98!) can be next to impossible if the mouse pointer onscreen doesn't keep up with the mouse in hand.

If any of this will be problematic, are there any tweaks which could be made in order to increase performance?

Tnx much.