Re: Aligning entire LUKS/LVM/Ext4 filesystem stack to 4K sectors

On 19/03/2021 21.24, Johnny Dahlberg wrote:
On 19/03/2021, Maksim Fomin <> wrote:
On Friday, 19 March 2021 г., 19:09, Johnny Dahlberg <> wrote:

But the changes aren't mature yet. Picking 4K sector size in LUKS will
hopefully reduce the overhead of standard queue mode.

Anyway, I hope to hear from someone (perhaps even Milan :) if my
storage layer settings in the original message are okay or if they
could be improved. Looking forward to doing the OS installation with
the correct settings. :-)

Related question:

How can one, on an exiting encrypted partition, find out what size is using each layer, and if they are aligned or not?

I am using encrypted partitions on SSD and I'm a bit worried.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.2 x86_64 at Telcontar)