dm-verity performance improvements

Hi Team,
I am able to get dm-verity working on my i.mx6 board.
But I observe that the boot time takes a lot more time than previous.

I read in a blog (https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot/dm-verity) that for dm-verity improvements, we need to
1. Use a better hash algorithm
2. Experiment with different read-ahead and prefetch_cluster settings to find the best configuration for your device

For the above two suggestions, I tried...
1. Using the sha256_ARM hash algorithm which improved the performance but still the performance is not upto the mark.
2. How exactly can we acheive this with veritysetup ? Can we do something like this?

Also, is there anything else that could be done to improve the dm-verity performance?

Regards.