Re: Encrypting DVD or CDROM from iso

On 10/11/2020 17:22, Davide Marchi wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm wondering how to create a DVD or CDROM encrypted using dm-crypt.
> I've followed this tutorial, with no luck:
> http://www.sourcentral.org/luks/iso9660/
>
> and the DVD or cdrom created cannot be activated:
>      Comando non riuscito con codice -1 (parametri errati o mancanti).
>

> and also the iso not dockable to the loopback device:
>
>      #cryptsetup -r luksOpen /dev/loop20 volume1
>      #The required offset is beyond the actual size of the /dev/loop20
> device
>
> Could you give me a tips for make it working?

While the page you linked is quite old, it still works (I tried 2.0.2 version even).
(Loop devices are now allocated automatically, no need to use losetup with cryptsetup,
just use file as the argument. THe size calculation is too tricky there, it can be simplified.).

Are you sure that your *.iso image was correctly created? It seems to me that
it is just LUKS header without data (that's why "beyond offset" error).

Milan