How many errors can be corrected by FEC? ( DM-verity)

Hi,
I am working with Dm-verity with FEC enabled.
I have defined the --fec-roots to be "4".

So, My question is how many errors can actually be corrected in this case for example?

For instance, I just added some "1000" characters to a text file in order to corrupt the IMAGE.
I could see that the kernel reports a log saying  "Corrected 1000 errors" and the file is indeed corrected.

Can anybody help me understand the amount of correction that can be achieved by FEC based on different value of --fec-roots?

Thanks.