can`t build "cryptsetup" release :-(

Hi everybody.

I can`t seem to build a "cryptsetup" release; the DL filename is "cryptsetup-2.3.3.tar.xz".  The host is AMD64 Debian 7 ["wheezy"].  It seems to require "JSON-C", and I can`t seem to either get it from Debian nor to build it.  [please see below]

I can`t build "JSON-C" [DL filename "json-c-0.14-20200419.tar.gz"], even with CMake 2.8.9 installed.  Dump of how it fails: after my sign-off.

All I really want/need from this package is "integritysetup" and whatever that one needs from the rest of this package.

Please help.

Regards,

Abe

checking for json-c... no
configure: error: Package requirements (json-c) were not met:

No package 'json-c' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables JSON_C_CFLAGS
and JSON_C_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

> ../cmake-configure
cmake version 2.8.9
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_LANGUAGES_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_LANGUAGES_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/usr/src/builds/build_dirs/json-c-json-c-0.14-20200419/CMakeFiles/CMakeLANGUAGESCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_VERSION_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_VERSION_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/usr/src/builds/build_dirs/json-c-json-c-0.14-20200419/CMakeFiles/CMakeVERSIONCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_0.14_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_0.14_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/usr/src/builds/build_dirs/json-c-json-c-0.14-20200419/CMakeFiles/CMake0.14Compiler.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:CMakeLANGUAGESInformation.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:CMakeVERSIONInformation.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:CMake0.14Information.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_LANGUAGES_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_VERSION_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_0.14_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error at tests/CMakeLists.txt:3 (target_compile_definitions):
  Unknown CMake command "target_compile_definitions".