FAQ :WAS: LUKS2 on disk format

I had a similar question on my list.  This would be a good one for the
revised FAQ.

Q:  What is the size of the LUKS2 header?
A:  the LUKS header size is configurable.  16MB is the default size.
It can be changed by .....

Q: Does all metadata exist in the header?  Can I be sure that there is
no LUKS metadata somewhere in the middle or in the end of the drive?
A: Yes, all LUKS metadata is stored in the LUKS heaer.  (Most of the
area is reserved for keyslots, used in online reencryption.)

There is a small exception if you use experimental integrity protection
(authenticated encryption) where dm-crypt is stacked over dm-integrity
device.  In that case there is a dm-integrity superblock at the
beginning of data area which contains only configuration of dm-integrity metadata.  No LUKS metadata is stored in this location. The superblock is required by the kernel dm-integrity implementation.