Re: luks2 and discard/trim not working

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/05/2020 21:41, Nikolay Kichukov wrote:
> >
> > Does mine use an internal hash?
>
> No, internal hash is used for non-cryptographic integrity
> protection (IOW when you use only integritysetup).

Ahh OK, nice, I had it exactly 180 degrees wrong.

> Authenticated encryption for LUKS2 is an experimental feature,
> I hope one day we will have something better on filesystem layer.

Authenticated Btrfs using hmac:sha256 checksumming is expected to be
merged pending review (in-progress). And keyed blake2 also looks
possible. No native encryption yet though, but it works fine on top of
dm-crypt.
https://lwn.net/Articles/818842/

One of many technical explanations of what is covered.
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-btrfs/SN4PR0401MB3598198E5FB728B68B39A1589BA60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

--
Chris Murphy