Some Q&A about LUKS2 reencryption

Hi,

I'm just sharing some Q&A originally exchanged via private e-mails. Thank you for letting me share it publicly! I've also added some clarifications to my original answers.

---------

Q: I mean how are you re-encrypting a drive that is say 98% full, where is all that data going? I know you create devices but you have to store the data somewhere right?