cryptsetup Yubikey challenge-response support

Hi,

Hopefully this email comes through without HTML and property wrapped,
sorry if it doesn't.

I am wondering if any group has started or is interested in adding
Yubikey challenge-response support to cryptsetup?

The idea would be to add the option to insert a USB key to (optionally
automagically) unlock at boot time (or whenever cryptsetup is
running). There would be a backup password of course.

I'm interested in doing this for myself if it's not underway at the
moment. I have some basic ideas on how to do this. I do realise this
could be done external to cryptsetup with distro support, but doing
that messing around with initramfs etc sounds painful, let alone each
distro would need be supported individually.

If it's of no interest, that's ok, I'll do it for myself. But if there
is interest I would be willing to work with maintainers to find the
best way to do this and contribute the effort.

Regards,

Dan Farrell