Why OVA size increases after encryption?

I am comparing the size of OVF after exporting the VM using OVFtool, or others (doesn't make any difference). When I have no encryption, the VM exports with 2.91G size

If I try to export the same VM after encrypting the disk using dm-crypt, LUKS its sized at 4.34G

Can you please help me understand why and how to avoid it? I want to make sure that the OVA size remains same / similar even after encryption.

Thank you