Re: IV generation for dm-crypt

On 29/01/2020 11:28, EXTERNAL D Sharmila (Iwave, RBEI/PAC-PF) wrote:
> After digging into the issue I found some patch regarding kernel dm-
> crypt driver. Can you please provide me the input on this, weather this
> patch will be helpful?
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/777700/

This patch is obsolete. There was a discussion if we need to move all IV generators
to core crypto library, currently mainline kernel moved ESSIV only
(because it is used also in fscrypt), the rest remains in dm-crypt.

There is no change in behaviour except the new dependence on "essiv.ko" module.

If you have an older kernel, you do not need to apply anything, it was
just code cleaning (and avoiding code duplication).

m.