Re: Two questions

On 11/13/19 4:15 PM, mgreger@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
1)   Should it be possible to use a detached header and --integrity options to cryptsetup at the same time? When I try, I get a message 'No integrity superblock detected on header.'

Detached LUKS2 header with auth. encryption does not work. We should add straightforward error message right in 'luksFormat' and 'open' actions. (interestingly it fails in different code up to 2.0.6 and post 2.1.0, but it doesn't work in either release). From my perspective it's a bug that it fails so late in crypt_format() code.

Right now, I'm not sure if it's only unfinished feature from userspace perspective or we miss something also in kernel to make it work correctly.

O.