Re: Device ... is still in use.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:48 AM Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19/08/2019 16:22, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> I went ahead and rebooted to clear the state.  I couldn't remount the
> luks device while the old stale one was present and I couldn't get
> any work done w/o the device. :/  After reboot, it's fine... for now,
> at least.
Yes, that was probably the simplest solution.
Just for info - what distro it is and what kernel and cryptsetup version?
Did you compile anything (kernel, cryptsetup) manually?

NixOS 19.03
Linux 4.19.57
cryptsetup 2.0.6
dmsetup 1.02.153

I didn't customize my kernel or cryptsetup though by nature of NixOS it's possible Linux was compiled (using NixOS specified configuration) on my system.

Anyway, if you cannot see active LUKS device in lsblk output,
something is quite strange.

It certainly seems so to me.  If there's more information I can gather to try to make the cause clear, I can try to gather it if the problem  reoccurs.

Jean-Paul