Re: Export status for cryptsetup (1.7.5)

On 17/06/2019 08:13, contact-oss-cct wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for maintaining cryptsetup.
> Do you know whether it is Not controlled, or if it has an Export control classification number (ECCN) in compliance with US export control laws ?

First, all cryptsetup core developers are based in EU.

Also, we do not provide binary builds, just source code, so you have to talk
to product owners (enterprise distributions) that actually distributes it.

For Red Hat, Inc. (as US based company), cryptsetup is part of RHEL product,
please consult this page https://www.redhat.com/en/about/export-control-product-matrix
(If you need some official contacts, please ask me off-list.)

For other distributions, please search appropriate pages.

Milan