Re: LUKS + dm-crypt Debian/Ubuntu expanding encrypted root LV onto 2nd disk

On 5/29/19 11:56 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:
Thanks Guilhem, those links are very helpful but I have not solved it yet. Another change in the new cryptsetup is LUKS2 and use of the kernel keyring, so when run from a booted system dmcrypt_derived just returns a message that the source crypt device uses the keyring - I don't know how to obtain the actual key to use it in the creation of the second crypt device (or maybe it is impossible

Not sure why you need to reuse volume key put in dm-crypt exactly but if you rely on the classical method, you may use --disable-keyring parameter of cryptsetup. With this parameter cryptsetup uploads the key in hexbyte representation as with LUKS1 format.

Regards
O.