Re: Restricting rights of a particular slot of the 8 slots of passphrases for LUKS

Hi Suresh,

no, that does not exist. As cryptsetup is callad as root,
such a restriction would not make much sense anyways.

Via sudo, you could completely forbid cryptsetup and only
allow the commands you want wia scripts. You would habe to lock
down the rest of the system pretty tightly though for that to
work.

Why not tell your employes to stay away from, say, slot 8
and keep a header backup just in case? If you do not trust
your employees, you have lost anyways.
Regards,
Arno

Arno Wagner,     Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,    Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx