Does luksRemoveKey securely erase old keys?

I've been looking at the command luksRemoveKey recently. I was wondering if a "cryptsetup luksRemoveKey" command securely deletes the part of the storage device on which the key was stored.

If not, where do the key slots store their keys, and how would we wipe the unallocated space on the drive to make sure all traces of old keys are truly removed?