Questions about new ciphers

Hi, I have two more questions, this time about new experimental ciphers with
authentication.

1. What happens when integrity check fails during unlocking container, i.e.
due to data corruption? Can we still unlock such container?

2. I know there is a IV reuse problem with current AE ciphers. What amount of
data (roughly) can be written to disk before probability of such reuse will be
significant?

Yours sincerely

G. K.