Re: broken link: Fru05b in pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/LUKS_docs/on-disk-format.pdf

On 12/27/2017 01:52 PM, Slim2k wrote:
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/LUKS_docs/on-disk-format.pdf
>
> 2.4 AF-Splitter
> LUKS uses anti-forensic information splitting as speci ed in [
> Fru05b
> ].

As Arno said, there is a copy on the cryptsetup project page.

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/LUKS_docs/

I'll fix link in spec as well, thanks for pointing this out.

> Also if you think about it please send me the new reference material..
> I'm interested in learning why dm-crypt splits the master key like this..

Just to be precise, it is split in LUKS userspace, not in kernel dm-crypt.

Anyway, some reasons for AF do not longer apply for the new flash-based
storage (and not even for modern non-flash drives).
AF will be replaced one day with something better.

Milan