Re: mistake with luksFormat

Thanks Arno,

If I have good understood, you think I can throw the HDD ? This command

cryptsetup -y -v luksFormat /dev/sdb

Simply destroys the drive ?

(I didn't ask any other operations on the sdb).

Regards,

Amel

Arno Wagner writes:

Hi Amel,

I would say your disk died while you were doing the overwrite.
That is assuming nothing the OS uses was on sdb.
There is no logout-timer in ssh and anyways, it would not freeze.

Regards,
Arno