Re: Veritysetup

Hello,

I am asking because I have no clue how cryptsetup works and what it depends on. What can be better that asking creators such questions?)

If veritysetup (and all cryptsetup) depends on libcryptsetup therefore it won't work. Did I understand you correctly?

Another question is, do I really need lvm2 package? Is it crucial for cryptsetup?

Thanks in advance.

On 10/25/2017 10:43 AM, Ondrej Kozina wrote:
> On 10/24/2017 12:49 PM, Viacheslav Salnikov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can one build only veritysetup and use it instead of building full
>> cryptsetup?
>
> Hi,
>
> no currently there's no way to configure the project not to compile
> cryptsetup cli. Is it an issue? After all veritysetup depends on
> libcryptsetup which is the core part. You can always opt out installing
> cryptsetup binary if you don't want it.

I think we can easily add such configure option if needed.

The requirements for build will be always the same, because libcryptsetup
contains always full functionality, switches configure only binary tools build.

m.