Re: Decrypt a volume without user intervention

Hi Marco,

It does not seem very smart to use a UUID as a passphrase. With this, you can aswell ditch the whole encryption alltogether.

Depending on your distribution, it might be straight forward to use an external USB-Thumbdrive holding the passphrases and use that for automatic decryption. Some distros will let you choose to have the passphrases stored on USB or have them stored i.e. in a GPG-Keyring on a thumb drive.

Regards

-Sven