Re: Restore LUKS partition

So you have the master-key? In that case, most data should be
recoverable. First, you need to recreate the partition entry
at the right place and then you can use the procedure described
in FAQ-Item 6.10 to create a new header.

The FAQ is here:
https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/wikis/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

The trick would be to put the partition start at the right
place. If your device is still mapped, then there should
be some way to dump the partition table as the kernel currently
sees it though.

If it was indeed sdb1, then the start is probably at 1MB
from the beginning.

Regards,
Arno

Arno Wagner,     Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,    Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx