Re: Please do not ignore.. this is so important to me.. Lost password

Kranthi,

I have two suggestions and both are serious and could be considered long shots.

1. Get drunk again but this time with a sober friend who can keep you from doing anything stupid.  If you get your brain back in the same state as it was, you might remember.

2. You should have some idea of how you generated the passphrase.  If you invented it yourself, you probably think in patterns that you know about (that would be unwise to share).  For instance, some people might use a capital letter in the 1st position, then small letters and finishing with the year of your birth.  Not terribly secure but if you use such a pattern, you have a hint that you could use to greatly shorted a brute force attack.

Even without that, you might have a good idea of the length.  If you used, say 8 to 10 characters, then you don't need to test anything that's longer or shorter.  Once again, brute force attack.

Of course these ideas can only work because you are trying to crack a passphrase that you entered.  Even if drunk, you'd have some idea which you can use to your advantage.

Best of luck.

Hugh