Re: LUKS1 devmapper device mount issue

On 04/10/2016 07:15 AM, Amith Kumar Ramachandra wrote:

> I dumped ldd dmsetup and I see dmsetup uses almost the same set and
> version of libraries cryptsetup uses. seems a mystery dmsetup created
> devmapper device on formatting mounts fine but not crypsetup created

Hi,

I would say you are hitting some kernel problem here.

Please can you try

 - use new cryptsetup versision (1.7.1)

 - if dmestup works, please show the exact difference in mapping table.
(My guess it is only in offset reserved for header - you will need to decrease
device size as well. We are probably hitting some kernel bug when start of crypt
device is not aligned to mmc block.)

Could you try to create exact mapping table as LUKS does?
(Just activate LUKS using cryptsetup, check dmsetup table --showkeys
and repeat it with dmsetup.)
If you still see the problem, then kernel is the source of problem.

Anyway, there were a lot of changes related to aarch64, so if
you can use more recent kernel, it would be nice as well.
(According to log you are using Linux 3.18.21-tegra aarch64.)

Milan