From: "Selim James Levy" <sjtlevy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fernando D. Pedemonte" <fernando.pedemonte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "dm-crypt" <dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:14:53 PM
Subject: Re: Quorum system on decryption passphrase

Hi Fernando,
There could be an ugly-ish hack to accomplish what you need.  It isn't scalable to a (much) larger number of people, however.

Let the 3 people's names be be A, B, and C (in that alphabetical order) and their respective passphrases be A*, B*, and C*.

You could tell the three people that if 2 of the three wanted access, they would type in their passphrases *one after the other* in the person's (name) alphabetical order.  You would then only need 3 passphrases: A*B*, A*C*, and B*C*.

As I said: this is an ugly hack.

Best Regards,
Selim