Re: LUKS linux encrypted file system causing file corruption

Hi Sumit,

a change of the checksum implies that the source and destination file differ. The reason why it differs is another question.
Does the checksum also differ if you copy it from unencrypted to unencrypted?

First, please check your dmesg log if something suspicious occurs during the copy process. A hard drive failure might also explain your problem. As you're using VMs, check the dmesg of the hypervisor machine which accesses the actual hardware.

Second, ensure that the source file is not changed during the copy process and also not afterwards when comparing the checksums. Same applies to the destination. You might want to use 'lsof' to check if some process is accessing the file.

Just a guess - ...you mentioned VMs and a file of around 5GB... Sounds like you're trying to copy a VM image, eh?
If so, make sure that your virtualization software does not touch the file during copy.

Cheers
  Ralf