Re: dmsetup or cryptsetup hangs in the initrd

First, we are not your debugging service. I do offer
professional security consulting which includes this
type of engineering, and it runs $250/hour and you have
to order at least a day.

That said, you can narrow down "it hangs" by running
cryptsetup with strace. Do not use a secret password
for that as it will show up in the trace data. The last
operation you see is the one that hangs. If it is still
unclear to you what the problem is, post the trace here
(but remember the bit about the non-secret password!).

Regards,
Arno

Arno Wagner,     Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,    Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----