Re: rc.local

On 06/05/2015 02:29 PM, Angel Dimitrov wrote:
My rc.local does not run before passphrasse input with keyboard during boot.

I run Debian Wheezy with unencrypted /boot, encrypted swap, and encrypted root. I believe the the dm-crypt passphrase prompt is provided by /boot/initrd.img* prior to mounting of the root file system. So, /etc/rc.local doesn't even exist at that time.

What to do?

If you want your O/S to mount encrypted volumes for you automatically during the boot process, you have to work within the constraints of your O/S (e.g. by putting entries in /etc/crypttab and /etc/fstab). rc.local will run at the end of the boot process, and you can use it to mount additional encrypted volumes (e.g. not listed in /etc/crypttab and/or /etc/fstab).

David