Re: cryptsetup 1.6.2 hands on "waiting for zero"

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/04/2015 09:29 PM, Mrukant Popat wrote:
> Hello Milan,
>
> Thanks for the quick answer. I cross-compiled all the tools using yocto for iMX6 freescale.
> I read the information here  --> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=585786   and
> here --> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/719712
>
> and disabled udev  using /etc/init.d/udev stop.
>
> After disabling udev, it seems to work. Could you provide the udev rules. Probably the reason is that I do not seem to have the udev rules.

Udev rules are part of the device-mapper installation (part of lvm2 source code),
so check what version you are compiling and if udev is enabled, it should install these rules.

But AFAIK Debian still tries to reinvent the wheel and distributes own modified lvm2/dm udev rules,
TBH I am not sure how it works now there.

(On my Debian I have 55-dm.rules which completes that semaphore operation your example is waiting for.)

Milan

Hello Milan,

Thanks for quick reply. Could you provide your 55-dm.rules for reference.

Regards,
Mrukant Popat