External HD don't want to be deciphered

(Sorry I forgot the subject)

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:50 PM, janemba <cap.janemba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have an issue with LUKS. I have a new external hard drive with the following characteristics :

Host scsi11: usb-storage
Vendor: Seagate (2TB)
Product: Expansion
Serial Number: xxx
Protocol: Transparent SCSI
Transport: Bulk
Quirks: SANE_SENSE

Also I have cryptsetup install on my box with version 1.4.3 and kernel 3.14.5. I can't update cryptsetup on this box as I ciphered the hard drive with this version and I'm afraid to not be able to deciphered the hard drive if cryptsetup version change.

Moreover, I'm using the external hard drive only with this box. This mean I setup nad I use cryptsetup on my external hard drive only with the box above.

My issue is each time I open the device I got the following error :
"No key available with this passphrase."

I open it like below :
 $ cryptsetup luksOpen  /dev/sdb1 safehd

But sometimes it works so this is not a password issue. Also, I setup again the hard drive by zeroing the whole device and I got the exact same issue.

Do you know whats going ?

Please let me know if you want further information.

Thanks

--
La modestie est au mérite ce que les ombres sont
aux figures dans un tableau: elle lui donne de