Re: Asustor NAS and cryptsetup 1.6.1

Hummm, good question.

I think backwards. ecryptfs basicly does a per file encryption. So you'll
have a normal filesystem which holds encrypted files. The downside is bad
performance as it uses FUSE, it potentiolly discloses the structure of the
filesystem (while filenames are scrambled the tree structure is visible).
It is easier to backup as you can easily backup the encrypted files and do
not need to dump the whole block device. (The price for this is disclosing
the fs structure)

Regards

-Sven