Re: How to derive master key in plain dm-crypt mode

Hi, Ralf,

Thanks for your response.

More precisely, the key slot in the LUKS header contains the encrypted
master key (i.e., master key checksum from PBKDF2), not the master
key.

The PBKDF2ed passphrase decrypts the encrypted master key in a key
slot, and the decryption result is processed by AFmerge to obtain a
master key candidate. The PBKDF2ed checksum of the master key
candidate is compared against the master key checksum in the key slot.

Is my understanding correct?