Von: "Jian-Ming Zheng" <jmzheng@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "dm-crypt" <dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Montag, 8. Dezember 2014 13:06:14
Betreff:  Where is the entered password stored?

Hi,

When I attach a hard disk with LUKS encrypted partition to a Linux
machine, a window will pop up and a password or passphrase is required
to unlock the encrypted partition. In addition to forget passphrase
immediately, I can choose to 1) remember passphrase until I logout or
2) remember forever. I am curious about where the entered passphrase
is kept in the two cases?

Thanks.